IIBA GCC – Global Chapter Council
by Lucy Davies
The Past President of IIBA®-SA, Lucy Davies, was invited to join IIBA® GCC, Global Chapter Council, to hold the position of Regional Deputy Director Africa. This is the first time Africa has a representative at IIBA® GCC level within EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa).
This means that Africa now has its own voice through Lucy as conduit person between IIBA® Chapter Leaders in Africa and IIBA®. The GCC meet monthly and Lucy shares IIBA® content with the Chapter Presidents in Africa via various channels and forums.
What is the GCC?
The Global Chapter Council (GCC) is an advocating network for IIBA® Chapters, Chapter Leadership and the Business Analysis profession globally. Made up of an amazing group of volunteers, and supported by IIBA® staff, the GCC is committed to IIBA® Chapter and Member success by:
- Connecting BA practitioners with their local Chapter and sourcing partners that provide opportunities and services to enable Chapter success.
- Building better business outcomes through the delivery of professional development, training, learning and networking.
- Promoting and celebrating the certification of Business Analysis professionals.
- Participating in strategic initiatives to mobilize and strengthen our community through the:
- Global Mentoring Program
- Chapter Awards Program
- Volunteer Awards Program
- Communications Director
- Social Media Liaison
- Integrated Membership Fees Task Force
- Membership Retention Task Force
(adapted from Judy Alter, GCC Chair for 2020)
Who is on the GCC?
Global Chapter Team comprises:
- Various IIBA® Staff
- Jared Gorai - Director, Chapters & Membership Engagement
- Danelkis Serra - Chapter Operations Manager, Regions & Chapters
- Terri Lynn Rodrigues - Chapter & Member Relations Analyst
- Judy Alter – Chair
- Elizabeth (Liz) Moore – Secretary
GCC Leads across various programs as listed above, e.g.
- Koryn Anderson - Communications Director
- Rosalyn Tan - Social Media Liaison
Regional Leadership comprising Directors and Deputy Directors representing
- Americas Central Region
- Americas Southeastern Region
- Americas Northeastern Region
- Americas Western Region
- Asia Pacific
- EMEA (Africa is represented here)
Building Business Capability (BBC) is presented by Rising Media. It is the official conference of IIBA® and IIBA® is the largest stakeholder. The 2020 conference theme is “Igniting Business Agility” and takes place in October 19th through 23rd in Las Vegas, Nevada. A Chapter Leadership day is held at BBC which allows the leaders to meet face to face. This day is facilitated by GCC members and some IIBA® staff members. This year it is being held on Tuesday October 20th.
“BBC is the only conference to provide insight into Business Analysis, Business Architecture, Business Process, Business Rules, Business Decisions, Business Strategy & Transformation, and Digital Innovation toward the pursuit of business excellence.” (Judy Alter).
For more info on GCC, contact Lucy at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more info on BBC and to register, go to https://buildingbusinesscapability.com/registration/